Pennsylvanians Against Fracking is a statewide coalition of groups representing a diversity of issues, backgrounds and locations, united in the mission of achieving a ban on fracking in the commonwealth.
The first goal of the coalition is to enact a moratorium on fracking throughout Pennsylvania. This halt to drilling must include the following provisions:
• No new wells;
• No new fracking-related infrastructure;
• Comprehensive studies of environmental, health and safety impacts. These studies should be independent of oil and gas industry influence, and peer-reviewed by relevant experts.
We will accomplish our goal through tactics and strategies such as:
• Educating the public of the need for a statewide moratorium;
• Pressuring the governor, the Pennsylvania legislature, and other relevant agencies or decision-makers to institute a statewide moratorium;
• Building the power and diversity of our movement through inclusive and unbiased outreach throughout the state.
If you’re interested in getting involved, fill out the form here.
For more updates, like our Facebook page.